We are pleased to provide articles and legal updates from time to time pertaining to the areas of our expertise, including real estate legal matters and matters pertaining to the legal aspects of common interest communities and homeowners and other owners associations.
Articles of Interest
- Assembly Bill 3182 – New Limitations on Rental Restrictions – Civil Code 4741 David M. Van Atta and John Paul Hanna, Hanna & Van Atta © 2020
- Issues when a Project is a Planned Development under Davis Stirling David Van Atta, Hanna & Van Atta, 2020
- Revisiting Lamden-Common Interest Association Decision Making
- The Shelf Condominium Conundrum
- SB 800 Timing Requirements
- Troubled Projects – It Happens
- City requirement for payment of art fees
- Memo – Civil Code §4525. Disclosure to Prospective Purchaser. What does the law require of Associations
Hanna and Van Atta on California Common Interest Developments (published by Thomson Reuters)
The definitive work covering the law of California Common Interest Developments. This two volume work covers the legal issues of common interest developments from the perspective of the developer – homebuilder as well as home owners’ associations, their members and their managers. The fundamentals and breadth of common-interest development law are reviewed, along with the authors’ practice pointers, comments and many useful forms. The most recent edition adds important insights as to “troubled” real estate projects plus updates the text and forms for statutory changes and case law.