Hanna & Van Atta is one of the most experienced law firms in California in the area of real estate law; we are one of the premier firms in the state in the highly specialized area of matters pertaining to common interest development law. Mr. Hanna and Mr. Van Atta’s vast expertise is evidenced by their co-authorship of “California Common Interest Developments,” which is a leading legal text on the subject. The firm’s three partners possess over 100 years of combined experience and expertise and have specialized in all aspects of legal representation in real estate law matters. The firm has represented a variety of clients in a vast array of real estate legal matters, including:
- Numerous developers regarding project documentation and other legal issues
- Condominium and other common interest development associations regarding drafting, interpretation and enforcement of project legal documents and revising project documentation.
- Commercial lenders and borrowers in all aspects of real estate lending
- Land use matters, including subdivisions, zoning, and land use permits
- Providing expertise and advice to homebuilders and developers throughout California regarding the Subdivision Map Act and the Subdivided Lands Act
- Representing companies and landlords regarding commercial leasing and real estate acquisition
- Litigation related to real estate matters
Please see our practice areas page for a full description of the industries the firm’s practice serves and the representative clients and matters page for examples of the types of matters and projects we have worked on and the clients we have represented. Additionally, the firm advises California homebuilders regarding the California Subdivided Land Sales Act and maintains contacts with the staff of the Bureau of Real Estate in Sacramento and Los Angeles. The firm has formed over 3,000 community and home owners associations. We are members of the Home Builders of Northern California, the California Building Industry Association, the Community Associations Institute, the Urban Land Institute, and the Executive Council of Home Owners (ECHO). We are committed to providing the highest level of legal expertise and effective legal representation to real estate developers, and purchasers, sellers, lessors, lessees, and financers throughout California. By maintaining the most efficient and up-to-date information in the field of common interest development, we can ensure that we are providing our clients with the best documentation for new projects and advice for existing projects in the Bay Area. Our vast experience handling a wide variety of types of real estate related matters and representing a wide variety of clients ensures that we thoroughly understand all of the issues each project faces; this allows us to provide each client with superior representation that is tailored to the specific needs of the situation.